[clue-admin] Future Web Site

Wed Feb 15 12:08:08 MST 2012

DNS round-robin is what I was talking about. It would be NOT be the first step. To re-iterate what I think is a good time-flow:

    1. Somebod(y|ies) shows off a new, shiny CLUE website.
    2. CLUE loves it, and Dennis or Dave updates the A records to point to it.
    3. Somebod(y|ies) says, "Hey, that's pretty, but it's failure prone!"
    4. Somebod(y|ies) copy everything to their additional server(s), as a backup.
    5. We test, check, and configure the data-flows to keep the additional server(s) up-to-date. We have reasonable convergence times between nodes in this ghetto cluster.
    6. We add (an) A record(s), so the servers are "load-balanced".

Everyone has one Heck of a lot of fun solving the problems in 5. We publish our findings for others to use.

    1.
A box goes down, or somebody rage-quits.     2. We remove that A record, call for ghetto hosting volunteers, they update, and we add A records.
David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
RHCE MCT MCSE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freedom is better when you earn it. Learn Linux.