[clue-admin] git.

Dan Kulinski daniel at kulinski.net
Fri Feb 17 11:47:47 MST 2012

Drupal does keep revisions.

As for giving copies of the drupal site, this is not much (for various
definitions of much) harder than the current system.  It requires certain
levels of PHP and MySQL.  A MySQL dump would have to be added regularly to
the git repository.

These copies, however, would have to be read only.  You can't have
asynchronous updates to different sites and merge them easily.  This is
where other members have warned about difficulties before.  The reason for
this is due to the storage backend.  You aren't creating files, you are
creating database records.  In order to make this more versatile you would
need a middle man that would catch DB changes and encapsulate them in such
a fashion that they can be ported easily to a new site and applied then.
Sort of a journal of DB transactions.

Dan Kulinski