[clue-admin] Website - drupal vs hand coded

Raymond DeRoo rderoo at deroo.net
Fri Feb 17 14:12:30 MST 2012

Folks--

I've poked around the with the drupal site and compared it to the
current CLUE site. I found the latest drupal install done by Dan to be a
marked improvement. Both perceived ( my browsing the site ) and actual (
testing done via ab ) demonstrate a much nicer experience ( see below ).
I don't like the look of the drupal site, but I assume that an
experience drupaler can make such cosmetic changes. I like the look of
the current website better, but that is just me.

Now I am anxious to see the current code base of the CLUE website (
David, could you easily make a tarball available for me/anyone who would
like a snapshot of the code and data? ) I like the idea of it being
placed into git and made publicly accessible. Then putting together a
quick "deploy tool" for approved

Here some things I would like to see in the CLUE website ( regard of the
technology driving it ):
     · The poll is interesting, but question its practicality
     · A functioning calendar
     · A list of past meeting
     · All available presentations in PDF ( and possibly other formats )

Timings on current CLUE site and new drupal site.

[12:50:03 rderoo at pequod ~]$ ab -n 20 -c 20 -t 10 http://www.cluedenver.org/
Percentage of the requests served within a certain time (ms)
   50%    303
   66%    349
   75%    380
   80%    401
   90%    449
   95%    476
   98%    515
   99%    543
  100%    659 (longest request)
[12:50:46 rderoo at pequod ~]$ ab -n 20 -c 20 -t 10 http://drupal.kulinski.net/
Percentage of the requests served within a certain time (ms)
   50%    780
   66%    786
   75%    796
   80%    806