[clue-admin] git.

Raymond DeRoo rderoo at deroo.net
Fri Feb 17 14:32:32 MST 2012

David--

> So... I'm not really sure I understand what you're proposing. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but are you suggesting that we stick with a static PHP-based website but that we distribute it through git? Or are you saying that when the Drupal site is done we find a way to distribute it through git?
>
> To make my position clear, I want the current plan followed, quickly to a major milestone, like updating the A record. THEN, add version-control, load-balancing, and whatever you like.

I believe there are two camps of thought wrt the CLUE website.

a) Keep the current site/code base, move it to git and update.

b) Switch to a CMS based ( drupal ) CLUE website.

Personally I am much more interested in option (a), addtionally it makes
the "basement hosted" solution *much* easier.

Now you say "I want the current plan followed" but I don't see where
there is a current plan. I see there to be two competing proposals with
some strong willed people backing each one. So I come back to a quote I
used previously. I think the best solution is "Rough consensus and
working code." I am willing to commit time and resource to option (a).
If there is any chance I an get a copy of the code in the next eight
hours I will look at it on my flight to Seoul this weekend and see if
I'm still willing to back option (a).

Raymond