[clue-admin] git.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Feb 17 15:06:51 MST 2012

Raymond DeRoo wrote:

> I believe there are two camps of thought wrt the CLUE website.
>
> a) Keep the current site/code base, move it to git and update.
>
> b) Switch to a CMS based ( drupal ) CLUE website.

So I wouldn't say they are two camps.  Moving to git is an incremental improvement in the deprecated
solution.  If Drupal takes a really long time we may find ourselves asking, why did we want to do
that again?  But many people think that the current pages are too hard for our current membership to
maintain so Drupal is needed to get a broader pool of people who can do the work the group needs
done[1].

 > Personally I am much more interested in option (a), addtionally it makes
 > the "basement hosted" solution *much* easier.

I guess other ideas, like basement hosting, might unseat Drupal if they are pushed hard enough.  And
I think we can pursue that whether or not Drupal goes forward, so don't throw in the towel.  But my
work on git is not intended to be a referendum on the Drupal decision.

Does that make sense?

Dave

  1) My take on that is at the bottom of http://cluedenver.org/display.php?node=contacts, but it
never seemed to go anywhere.