[CLUE-Announce] CLUE DTC - March 2003 Meeting ***New Location***

El Presidente de CLUE president at clue.denver.co.us
Sun Mar 9 22:30:51 MST 2003

Greetings.

Please join us at CLUE's new DTC location -- the Aurora room of the Radisson
Hotel Denver Southeast at I-225 & Parker Rd -- for a special evening with IBM
and Intel.

For this meeting, we are departing from our usual topic format.  There is no
KISS session, but rather two separate presentations from Intel and IBM
regarding their interests in Linux.  Intel will begin at 6:30 pm, followed by
IBM.  Finally, we will conclude with a Q&A session, open to everyone.

Below, you can read the abstracts for their presentations and directions to
the new meeting location.  I hope to see you Tuesday!

Jeff
--
Colorado Linux Users and Enthusiasts (CLUE)
http://cluedenver.org/

MAIN Session Topic: Intel, IBM, and Linux (6:30 pm)

Please note that this month's meeting format will be a departure from our
regular meetings. It will consist of a three part presentation beginning with
an Intel representative at 6:30 p.m., followed by an IBM representative and a
Q&A session.

Intel's Jeremy Lu

This session, designed for the Linux community, will present an overview of
Intel's server processor technology, roadmap, end-user benefits, and platform
solution for 2003. The discussion includes the Intel® Xeon? processor family
and the Intel® Itanium® processor family. This presentation will provide a
snapshot of current open source (Linux?) technologies development on Intel
platforms, and capabilities.

IBM's David Schroeder

This presentation will introduce you to the IBM xSeries server product family.
xSeries is IBM's Intel server product and is part of the eServer brand from
IBM. The discussions will include IBM's award winning technology blueprint,
also known as X-Architecture, an introduction to the servers that make up the
product portfolio, a look at systems management including IBM Director 4.1
and IBM's commitment to Linux.

Q & A session

Mark Murphy from the IBM Linux Team will be joining Jeremy and Dave for a
period of questions and answers.

Directions to new meeting location.  Please consult the CLUE web site for a
printable map that includes these directions:
  + http://cluedenver.org/meetingInfo.html