[clue-announce] February CLUE DTC Meeting : 2/7/06 [Linux Writing + Desktop Linux 101]

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 21:11:04 MST 2006

*** Note the special day - we moved up one week from our usual schedule ***

Date:  7 February 2006
Location: Oracle Building 2, Room 1250.
Time:  6:30 pm

Please visit our home page http://cluedenver.org/ for details, including
driving directions.

This month marks the return of the KISS session, which is a 30 minute
presentation to kick off our meeting.  For the remainder of the year, we are
presenting 'Desktop Linux 101', which is a series of topics that enable
Windows users to move to Linux more easily.  We hope you enjoy the series.

Desktop Linux 101:   OpenOffice Impress with Todd Trichler from Oracle's Linux
Technology Center @ 6:30 pm

Featured Topic: Writing about open source @ 7:15 pm with Joe 'Zonker'
Brockmeier

Zonker will discuss technology journalism, what kind of opportunities exist,
how open source has affected journalism and publishing, and how to write
about Linux and open source for fun and profit.

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier is the editorial director for Linux.com, and has a
long history of writing about Linux and open source technology. Zonker has
written for Linux.com, NewsForge.com, IT Manager's Journal, Linux Weekly
News, Linux Magazine, IBM developerWorks, UnixReview.com, SysAdmin Magazine,
Enterprise Linux Magazine, ComputorEdge, ZDNet, and a number of other
publications. Zonker has also written and contributed to books on Slackware
Linux, DocBook, and Linux networking.

--
Jeff Cann
CLUE President