[CLUE-Cert] time and place

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Wed Aug 30 10:14:30 MDT 2000

"Batalden, Eric" wrote:

> if we choose a central place like Cherry Creek North or Glendale, then
> geography shouldn't be a big factor.  are we deciding on a meeting place by
> committee or is some one choosing a place and a time?

I would like to see a selection by committee.  I've been asking for
input on this for sometime.  The responses I have received indicated
that meeting every other Wednesday or Thursday night for two hours
was probably the best compromise.  If Mondays are the best night for
meeting at a library, perhaps we need to take another survey.  But
if we can't reach some sort of consensus in the next week or two,
I may simply choose a time and a place and anyone who is able to join
me there is welcome.

One of my concerns is that the majority of people who have subscribed
to this list have described themselves as newbies.  I believe that a
complete newbie is going to find it very difficult to get prepared
for Linux certification in the next six to eight months unless they
have a lot of time to dedicate to this task.  Therefore, I want the
pace of this study group to be set by those with more advanced or
intermediate Linux skills.  I'm also inclined to cater to the needs
and schedules of those who are serious about getting Linux certified
and better prepared to take an exam.  I don't want to discourage
newbies from participating in this group, but they are not my target
audience.

Lynn Danielson