[CLUE-Cert] Which test?

Lynn Danielson Lynn.Danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Wed Nov 1 08:41:26 MST 2000

Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> Hi all, I'm new to the list...

Welcome.  The list has been pretty quite for the past month
or two.  Hopefully that'll change.

> What's the consensus on what the studying is for? SAIR? LPI?

We've decided to pursue the Sair program and are currently studying
chapter two of the Install and Configuration book.  Our choice of
Sair was based on the fact that they are distribution neutral and
they approached our LUG with a helping hand.

> Also, I saw that some materials were handed out and some people
> offered to burn copies of a CD? Is that still floating about?

I was sent ten cd packets which I have already handed out -- sorry.
I've asked for more, but didn't receive any.  I will ask again for
a few more.

I have burned a bunch of the Sair Certification disk that was
part of that package and I'll gladly give you one.  As for the
install disks for various Linux distributions that were also
part of the package.  I could probably make copies of those as
well, but I haven't actually made any bootable CD-Rs yet.  If
you're willing to wait, we'll hopefully get some more from Sair.
Otherwise, you'd be better off getting a set Cheapo Disks or
the $1 disks from LinuxMall.

If you're able to accept large email attachments, I can send
you postscript extracts from chapters 1 & 2 of the Sair student
manual.   Otherwise, if you're anxious to get caught up with
us, you can purchase "Sair Linux and GNU Certification Level 1,
Installation and Configuration" from Softpro books.

Softpro is the best computer book store in the Metro area.
They are very Linux friendly.  They donate books to us
which we give away as door prizes monthly.  They also give
you a 5% or 10% discount on all of their titles.  You might
find cheaper books elsewhere, but I have to plug Softpro.
I'd recommend them even if they were not one of our sponsors.

'Hope to see you at the next meeting.

Lynn Danielson