[CLUE-Cert] Introduction

Gary Every gevery at ecentral.com
Mon Oct 30 16:07:52 MST 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: clue-cert-admin at clue.denver.co.us
[mailto:clue-cert-admin at clue.denver.co.us]On Behalf Of Lynn Danielson
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 6:29 PM
To: clue-cert at clue.denver.co.us
Subject: Re: [CLUE-Cert] Introduction

Yes, that's true.  If you've found any good sites for support/answers/etc
please feel free to share them with us.

You're probably already aware of the LPI site, as well as the SAIR site,
www.linuxcertification.com (which, by the way, has changed a great deal in
the past week) might want to re-visit that.

 I would like to dedicate a page
on our website to our certification group and related resources.

I see they have an office in the DTC.  Do you live in the Denver area?
Sure do. I live in Washington Park.

Thanks Gary.  Why did you choose the Sair program over the LPI
certification?  How difficult did you find the first two tests?
I didn't realize that any materials for the third test were
available, how are you preparing for it?
I chose SAIR because they're already offering all four tests, and I can get
certified quicker. I have a job waiting for me as soon as I'm certified,
and, since I've already left my last job, I was looking for the "most
expedient route" As far as materials to study for, I've received a
reasonably comprehensive, but "rushed together" binder from the boot camp
for studying, plus I picked up the RHCE 300 ExamCram book. The author of
that book, Kara J. Pritchard is now working directly for LinuxGruven as a
technical writer, to write the study guides. When she's done, they'll be
available on www.linuxgruven.com
Also, the networking book for SAIR by Tobin Maginnes will be available on
Nov. 15th, and you can get it at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471369772/ref=pd_gw_qpt_2/104-218960
1-1520742

Your way ahead of us, but if you'd like to join our study group,
we're currently meeting every other Wednesday evening in the
Inverness business park (I-25 & County Line Rd.).  Our next
meeting is November 8th.  If not, your on-line presence will
certainly be appreciated.
Like I said, I hope to be certified by then, but I'm more than happy to help
others out. Perhaps I'll show for that meeting.

Best of Luck on your test (tomorrow?).  Let us know how it goes.
Will do, Lynn

Lynn Danielson