[CLUE-Cert] Introduction

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Mon Oct 30 16:28:42 MST 2000

Gary Every wrote:
> I'm on a certification path as well, and was perusing the web for some
> support/answers/etc and came upon this mailing list. It seems from reading
> your archives that the group is concentrating on the installation and
> configuration test at this point.

Yes, that's true.  If you've found any good sites for support/answers/etc
please feel free to share them with us.  I would like to dedicate a page
on our website to our certification group and related resources.

> I went to a training class offered by Linuxgruven.com, a company that farms
> out sysadmins to corporations and businesses. It was an 80 hour "boot camp"

I see they have an office in the DTC.  Do you live in the Denver area?

> and helped me a great deal. I've taken and passed the first two SAIR cert
> tests, and I'm going for my third test Tuesday. I'd appreciate any input
> anyone may have, as well as be willing to answer any questions any of you
> may have.

Thanks Gary.  Why did you choose the Sair program over the LPI
certification?  How difficult did you find the first two tests?
I didn't realize that any materials for the third test were
available, how are you preparing for it?

Your way ahead of us, but if you'd like to join our study group,
we're currently meeting every other Wednesday evening in the
Inverness business park (I-25 & County Line Rd.).  Our next
meeting is November 8th.  If not, your on-line presence will
certainly be appreciated.

Best of Luck on your test (tomorrow?).  Let us know how it goes.

Lynn Danielson