[CLUE-Cert] ssh Windows Clients - Tera Term vs puTTY - Others?

Darrell L. Ford darrellford at uswest.net
Mon Jul 2 12:55:28 MDT 2001

Hello All,

I am looking for the most functional Windows ssh client that also has a large user workspace... I currently use puTTY.exe which can be maximized on your Windows machine to offer the maximum workspace possible, but it lacks options (such as file transfer protocols) that other clients (ie. Tera Term) offer.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

For those interested, puTTY can be obtained from http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html .  They are working on psftp (secure ftp for putty), but it will be implemented as a separate program (not implemented directly into puTTY like file transfer is implemented in Tera Term).

Thanks,

Darrell