[CLUE-Cert] Samba and slaved printer

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at home.com
Thu Jul 5 11:50:25 MDT 2001

Darrell, I know you've done this, so maybe you can help. Anyone
else that wants to offer help, feel free.

I set up a RH7.1 box to be connected directly to my HP720C printer. I
printed stuff, it works fine, locally. I've taken a stab at getting SAMBA
to let me print to it from WinNT and Win2000 boxes, but still no dice.

What might be helpful is a working copy of an smb.conf file.
Also how you connected to printer (naming convention:\\fooserver\fooprinter;
how do these get named in smb.conf?)

TIA,
Sean

Sean LeBlanc - seanleblanc at bigfoot.com