[CLUE-Cert] Where are we?

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Wed Jul 25 12:09:54 MDT 2001

Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> I'm going to miss yet another meeting, so I thought I'd
> ask, where are we? I see the web page sez:
>
> "Participants continue to review chapter 3 and labs VII, VIII & IV from the Sair Level I:
> Systems Administration Certification Guide."

Yeah, this is definitely out of date.  My apologies for not keeping the
web page up to date.  At our last meeting we moved on to chapter 4 and
covered most of it.  We may take another look at it tonight, but I'd
say we're moving on to chapter 5.

> Hopefully I'll be at the meeting two weeks from now. I'd like to
> take the test soon, but I don't think I'm quite ready yet.

Remember that I can get vouchers from Sair at a 25% discount.  Let me
know if and when you'd like me to coordinate that.

> Does anyone know anyone who has taken the Sys Admin test?

Someone on this list (Darrell Ford maybe?) said they had taken it.

> BTW, thanks again for all the help you guys gave me on the printer-Samba
> thing. It works beautifully, only the black went dry, and I need to replace
> that. This sure was a cheaper solution than buying a higher-end printer
> that can do networking itself. And in these times, the cheaper, the better.

If anything I said helped, you're welcome.  I've not done much with
printers connected directly to my machine.  Did you set up a queue
without an input filter for Samba and use a native driver on the
Windows side or are you using a postscript driver under Windows?

Lynn
driver on the