[CLUE-Cert] Pre Install Fest Breakfast

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Fri Mar 2 11:42:56 MST 2001

Just a reminder that tomorrow we will be holding an install fest
at Batky-Howell.  The event begins at 11:00 a.m. and will run
until approximately 5:00 p.m..  Those of us putting on the event
will be showing up at 10:30 to start preparing for the event.

Some of us will be gathering at International House Of Pancakes
on 7017 S Clinton in Englewood (303-790-1818) at 9:30 a.m.. It's
located a few blocks South of Arapahoe Rd.  It's kind of behind
a La Quinta hotel, just East of I-25.  Please let me know if you
are planning to be there for breakfast so that I have an idea of
how much table space to reserve.  I'd also appreciate it if you
would bring cash or check to pay for your breakfast.  Everyone
pulling out a credit card at the end of the meal has proven
problematic in the past.

Another point we've discussed in our meetings deserves repeating.
While we've never had any problems with people suing when
disaster has struck, there can always be a first time.  If disk
drives need to be repartitioned or a machine pulled apart to
investigate chipsets, do yourself a favor and make the person
you're helping do as much of this as possible.  It will limit
your potential liability if something breaks or data is lost.

Bring along your Linux distributions, partitioning programs,
and tool kits (or at least a phillips screwdriver if you can).
I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow morning. :-)

Happy Friday,

Lynn Danielson
(303) 397-2330
(303) 771-7299