[CLUE-Cert] Good book recommendation

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Nov 7 10:57:24 MST 2001

Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> I just wanted to give a public thanks to you, Lynn, for a good
> recommendation...a while back, you recommended the
> Apache book from Craig Hunt's Linux Library. I haven't
> used it a whole lot until recently, when I was trying to set up
> mod_ssl + PHP. Many web sites seemed to have wrong or
> misleading information about this, and I finally decided
> to crack the book open...sure enough, I followed the directions
> in there, and it worked!!!
>
> Very nice. I should have cracked the book long before I did.
> Good call on the book.

That's nice to know, if I ever manage a web server again.

The Samba book from CH's Linux Library was pretty good too.  On the Samba config
side, it wasn't too much better than what you can get on line.  It also didn't cover
much troubleshooting to be helpful with the glitches my Samba network experiences.
But it did a good job of covering the Windows side of SMB/CIFS so you could
understand how the Win side of the network worked.  I suppose a Win book could have
been just as good, but for a mixed network, this one fit the bill.

Dave