[CLUE-Cert] DNS server questions

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at home.com
Fri Sep 21 09:24:05 MDT 2001

Something I forgot to ask on Wednesday:

You heard me griping about @Home's DNS server and
it not working....I had to run to all my machines,
and change the DNS server setup on each in order
for lookups to work. Is there any simple way to
have Linux act as a DNS server that just turns
around and redirects to another server for the
lookup? If I have to use bind to do this, I'll
do it, but it looks pretty hard to set up from
looking at the HOWTO's. If there is a simpler
way to do this so that I only have to change
DNS server in one place when something like this
happens (and it's happened a few times now with
@Home). I guess the other option is to maybe setup
Linux box as a DHCP server, and have that give
the DNS server name(s) to client boxes?

Thanks,
Sean

Sean LeBlanc - seanleblanc at bigfoot.com