[CLUE-Cert] Sys Admin Test

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at home.com
Fri Sep 21 14:52:00 MDT 2001

I took the test today, and squeaked by with an 80%. Without
going into details (since apparently I'm forbidden to
"distribute questions and answers"), I'd like to ask about
some syntax I'm not familiar with. One of the questions
dealt with a command like this:

find / -name core -exec rm -f{}\;

I think I understand the first part, although I've never
used the -exec flag with find. But the {}\; is what I
don't understand. I might have the syntax incorrect: it's
possible there was a space after rm -f and before the last
part.

BTW:
Interestingly enough, there was more than one question on
VNC. Good thing we went over some of it on Wed. I use it
all the time, so the questions were gimmes (I think), but
I can imagine it will be helpful to others that were there
on Wed.

Also, if we are going to talk about sendmail next time, maybe
we could cover .forward, too? There was a question on this
on the test, too, and I was pretty much clueless about it
(other than its existence).

Sean LeBlanc - seanleblanc at bigfoot.com