[CLUE-Cert] Networking input.

Ski Dawg skidawg at totalspeed.net
Wed Aug 28 15:37:47 MDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 16:34, David Anselmi wrote:

> First, the important question: could someone send me the list of "top
> twenty" networking commands you came up with a while back?  I know Doug,
> at least, has some notes on that and any comments any of you have on the
> commands and why they are important would be helpful.

Here are the commands, well top 15, that I wrote down from that meeting:

ping (bing, arpping)
traceroute
ifconfig
route
arp
netstat
nslookup (dig)
nmblookup
smbclient
smbmount
umount
ftp/telnet (or ssh/scp/sftp instead)
r commands (rlogin, etc)
steps to sharing a directory via nfs
ypcat

--
Doug

You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night
to write.
		-- Saul Bellow