[CLUE-Cert] LPI Press Release at LinuxWorld Expo in NYC today...

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Thu Jan 31 09:17:15 MST 2002

I personally have no problem with SAIR being corporately funded with all the professional
organiztion behind it like I'm sure some Open Source fanatics might. Personally I'd rather
have a certification that I know has been independently verified as meaning something. I
don't know much about LPI so I'm not saying that they aren't as good or better than SAIR.
At this point with both of them being possible front runners I should probably finish my
LCA and get the LPIC I.
On a side note some of my ranting comes from what I have been told about the new SAGE Cert.
Has anybody been following that? I took their beta exam at LISA last year and thought it
was fairly complete for what it was, which is a vendor neutral Sys Admin exam. They are
being so thorough that they have decided the data from that beta didn't statistically cover
what they wanted it to so they are extending the beta period so they'll know for sure what
a good passing score will be and not just pull a number out of a hat.

--
Michael "Murph" Robbert
System Administrator for Math/CS
Pager: 303-461-6543 or Text messages: murph_pager at bigfoot.com