[CLUE-Cert] LPI Press Release at LinuxWorld Expo in NYC today...

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at itec-co.com
Wed Jan 30 21:42:15 MST 2002

My $0.02, both are true to Open Source.  The difference
is how both started out in the community:

- LPI: a non-profit, .org, low budget, loosely organized,
  cert exams only.
- SAIR: profit, has Thomson Learning Intl funding it, corp
  organized, cert exams, training material, certified training
  center, train the trainers classes.

Now LPI has a paid board of execs, Chuck Mead and Jim Leary
being two I know of (Chuck gave the SAIR Press release today
in fact) with a better direction and foundation IMHO.  SAIR
is presently a big ? on quite a few folk's minds for various
reasons due to the re-integration back into Thomson Learning
Intl recently.

As for what Mike Benavides was referring to...got me there.
My talks with Tobin Maginnis and company at the last expo and
during the course of business with SAIR seems to be on an Open
Source angle if you ask me.  Perhaps the Open Source vs. the
Corporate model views might be what Mike was referring to,
in which case that is noted above and can be seen most definitely.