[CLUE-Cert] Re: LFS bootable CD

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Mon Nov 4 19:45:18 MST 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-03 at 14:33, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> I finally have a bootable LFS CD.  I switched over to using isolinux to
> boot it.  I plan to figure out why the other method did not work when I
> have some other parts of LFS done.
>
> Lynn, do you want to try burning some CDs for Tuesday's meeting?  If so,
> I could probably drop it off or you could stop at Monitor Labs.

Sure.  I was just getting ready to create an image with just the LFS 4
docs and packages.  If you could drop off an image tomorrow morning or
at lunch, I should be able to burn several copies for our meeting. I've
had the several "books" printed from the pdf and I'll bring them as
well.

> The LFS site is looking for a new host, so I also burned PDF, html and
> text documents for LFS, BLFS and hints onto the disk.  VA Linux (or
> whatever their name is now) was hosting LFS but decided only to host
> sourceforge.  I wonder how many of the changes ar VA Linux could have
> been avoided if they had not gone public or would they be in worse shape?

Unfortunate news.  At least there are enough mirrors that the files
should be available for a while even if VA drops the site.