[CLUE-Cert] Internet problems

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sun Aug 24 21:11:29 MDT 2003

On 08-24 20:33, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> I couldn't access their web page Frida morning.  They came back online
> sometime in teh afernoon.
>
> I'm still having trouble downloading files.  The downloads tend to stop
> partway thru and I frequently need to try a few times in order to get
> something downloaded.  This is a recent problem and I am not happy with
> their not responding to complaints.  IF this is still a problem after I
> get back from China, I will probably look for a different ISP.  But I
> still don't know if they are Qwest is the real problem.  Accessing web
> pages doesn't seem to be a problem  If someone sends me attachments,
> tho, my email downloads sometimes lock up.

I was going to follow up and say I wasn't having any problems with email
that I've noticed. But.

Then I remembered I've been having problems with Window Update. Downloads
keep hanging. I wanted to blame it on M$, but...I also had a download on my
FreeBSD box die about 2/3 of the way through.

Dennis, are you saying downloading in general is timing out? Because I think
I'm seeing the same thing.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
The longer one lives, the more one realizes that nothing is a dish for every
day.
-Norman Douglas, "The Oracle"