CLUEnix [was Re: [CLUE-Cert] Next meeting]

Dennis J Perkins djperkins at americanisp.net
Wed Jun 11 17:17:52 MDT 2003

Because we can. :)  Actually, we went thru the Linux From Scratch book
and learned how things fit together.  The next step seemed to be trying
to build our own little distro.  Admittedly, it will be a lot of work
and is obviously not for most people.  But it's fun.

I haven't built Gentoo or Rock Linux but both look very interestig.  I
did read Robbin's articles on bash programming and in the final program
he steps thru creating an ebuild script.  I assume this is a simplified
version of what gentoo uses, but I was impressed with his technique.