CLUEnix [was Re: [CLUE-Cert] Next meeting]

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Jun 11 22:17:08 MDT 2003

Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> Because we can. :)  Actually, we went thru the Linux From Scratch book
> and learned how things fit together.  The next step seemed to be trying
> to build our own little distro.  Admittedly, it will be a lot of work
> and is obviously not for most people.  But it's fun.

I figured, and it probably is fun.  I would be more interested in
learning how to build packages for "my favorite distro," or perhaps how
"my favorite distro's" installer works.  A little like the difference
between learning how Linux works and writing your own Posix kernel.

But since I hardly ever make meetings, most of you are probably more
interested in something other than my opinions. ;-)

Dave