[CLUE-Cert] building a distro

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Oct 15 15:25:37 MDT 2003

My two cents, if you care.  I'm still hoping to make it to your meetings
someday.

Dennis J Perkins wrote:

> We seem to have gotten stuck on package managers tho, specifically RPM.  Or did
> someone manage to build a package?  Should we set package managers aside for a
> bit and look at other issues?

Would dpkg be easier than rpm?  The Debian source packages can easily be
built into debs (providing an example) and there are several developer
docs that might help get over the "build your first package" hurdle.

I'm probably out of touch with the other issues so I won't comment.  Is
your goal to build something that is similar to Red Hat and Debian
(i.e., in common use) or something else?

Dave