[CLUE-Cert] Mini-itx

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Thu Feb 12 20:34:43 MST 2004

On 02-02 12:37, Joshua wrote:
> I've been having so-so luck streaming video on wireless with some of the new
> PVRs and digital media servers - it certainly doesn't help that most of the
> hi-fi/networked gizmos are running 802.11b.  A good HD stream will run about
> 10 megabits.  I believe the actual throughput of 802.11g starts out at about
> 25 megabits (even though it says 54).  Throw in some encryption and signal
> decay from building structure and you're dipping down below 10 megabits
> pretty quick.
>
> Still looking for some one that would be kind enough to assist me setting up
> my box.  If you're thinking about buying a surround sound receiver or stereo
> equipment, I can get you a break on something in exchange for some help?

Since no one's answered you on the list, what are you setting up on your
box? A distro? I'm not sure when the next installfest is, but if no one here
objects, I'd say bring it in to the next hacking society's meeting. Maybe
someone can help you out, or at least give a few pointers.

Cheers,

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
Difficult as it is really to listen to someone in affliction, it is just as
difficult for him to know that compassion is listening to him.
-Simone Weil, "Waiting for God"