[CLUE-Cert] Mini-itx

Greg Knaddison greg at knaddison.com
Fri Jan 30 10:03:06 MST 2004

Quoting black at galaxy.silvren.com:
> On a sobering note, I bought an Epia-M and have had nothing but trouble
> with it. Any time the CPU stays pegged for very long at all (30s to a
> minute) the machine freezes tight and you have hit the reset button. Mine
> is junk.

I had that same problem with a "barebones" computer with a VIA mobo.  I don't
know exactly which model it was, but the basic deal was the cooling was horrible
(1 small case fan, 1 small processor fan, that's it).  When I added a case fan
and an adapter to a bigger processor fan it ran like a champ (downtime only when
I wanted/needed to).  I recognize you're talking about small form factor
machines here so your options are more limited, but I'd guess from your symptoms
that you have the same problem and could have a similar (cheap) fix.

Greg