[clue-cert] tonight's meeting

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Mon Apr 18 08:13:26 MDT 2005

On 03-24 23:58, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> The CLUE study group is going to start working on the LPI
> certification.  People need to get a copy of the LPI book.

Maybe I'm inept at following threads, but did we ever determine which LPI
book?

The Exam Cram book looks like a decent choice judging from what comes up
first in Amazon search. Only six reviews...I guess because it's a pretty
small niche for a book, and only came out in Sept 2004. The reviews are all
good, but we all know how those Amazon reviews go...

The LPIC 1 Certification Bible & LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell both
seem to have comments about being out of date, but that if you follow
objectvies on the website and use material in the book that they are still
good books.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
This Windows 95 hairball has become so big, so unmanageable, so hard to use,
so hard to configure, so hard to keep up and running, so hard to keep secure.
Windows 95 is a great gift to give your kid this Christmas because it will
keep your kid fascinated for months trying to get it up and running and trying
to figure out how to use it.
-Scott McNealy, CEO of Sun Microsystems