[clue-cert] tonight's meeting

dperkins at techangle.com dperkins at techangle.com
Mon Apr 18 12:06:20 MDT 2005

> On 03-24 23:58, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
>> The CLUE study group is going to start working on the LPI
>> certification.  People need to get a copy of the LPI book.
>
> Maybe I'm inept at following threads, but did we ever determine which LPI
> book?
>
> The Exam Cram book looks like a decent choice judging from what comes up
> first in Amazon search. Only six reviews...I guess because it's a pretty
> small niche for a book, and only came out in Sept 2004. The reviews are
> all
> good, but we all know how those Amazon reviews go...
>
> The LPIC 1 Certification Bible & LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell
> both
> seem to have comments about being out of date, but that if you follow
> objectvies on the website and use material in the book that they are still
> good books.
>
> --
> Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net

As far as I know, only two books on LPI are still in print.  The Exam Cram
book and Oreilly's Nutshell book.  Either should work, but I think Exam
Cram has more info.

IBM has LPI stuff on its DeveloperWorks site.

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/views/linux/tutorials.jsp?sort_order=desc&expand=&sort_by=Date&show_abstract=true&view_by=Search&search_by=%28release+2%29&S_TACT=104AHW03&S_CMP=ZHP