[clue-cert] outline processor

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Mon Feb 13 11:20:54 MST 2006

On 02-12 21:58, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> I was telling Lynn about outline processors, but I couldn't remember the
> names of any of them.  Maybe this will interest some people.
>
> http://gnomefiles.org/app.php?soft_id=172

Hmm. This gjots sounds a lot like FreeMind:

http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Screenshots

I think this is the tool I looked at during one point in a design phase back
in 2000, though I can't be sure. If not, we were looking at a remarkably
similar-named project with very similar screenshots. :)

Note also they list alternatives to FreeMind: looks like Emacs has an
outline mode...learn something every day. What doesn't Emacs have? :)

Although maybe there is a distinction here: "Mind map" may have different
uses than "outliner":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map

Anyway, very cool stuff. I may have to install it now that you've brought it
up. I've recently finished reading _Poker Without Cards_, and it reminded me
a lot of _Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance_ (it even explicitly
referenced it, too) - and the FreeMind site references ZatAoMM. Now I have
to re-read ZatAoMM. :)

Cheers,

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/