[clue-cert] outline processor

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Wed Feb 15 17:06:20 MST 2006

On 02-13 17:26, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> [...]

> As in _Poker Without Cards_ is a book about metaphysics?  I thought
> ZatAoMM was worthless.  I was hoping for something about motorcycles and
> got a half-baked philosophy (so much of the older stuff is so much
> better--I'll eventually get around to writing an essay on how RMS is
> just a rip-off of Augustine (not to take anything away from RMS, I don't
> think he realizes it)).

Yeah, ZatAoMM is a love it or hate it sort of thing, if Amazon ratings are
anything to go by...I read it before I had my Philosophy 101 course, so
maybe I should re-read. Anywho, if it was suggested to do mind-mapping in
there (and I don't remember it) that's at least one good thing in there, I
suppose.

Augustine never really stood out in my interest in philosophy, but maybe
that's because he's played such a large role in pairing up Christianity with
the Greek philosophers, IIRC. I pretty much tuned out during Philosophy 101
when discussing Augustine...we didn't spend much time on him in any case. It
was definitely weighted toward the Greeks.

I couldn't also help having my mind wander again during a discussion of
Augustine when I was listening to Teaching Company's Great Minds of the
Western Intellectual Tradition:

http://www.teach12.com/ttc/assets/coursedescriptions/470.asp?id=470&d=Great+Minds+of+the+Western+Intellectual+Tradition%2C+3rd+Edition&pc=Philosophy%20and%20Intellectual%20History

...but that pretty much went for all the Christian parts. I guess it's
because I find religions interesting in an anthropological context - when
they get paired up with discussions of philosophy, that's when I tend to
tune out. Probably my social conditioning/imprinting. :) The other parts of
the CDs I found pretty engaging...at least until the 20th century.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way.
This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of
complaining.
-Jeff Raskin