[clue-cert] hiatus

Mon Aug 17 11:35:20 MDT 2009

Harder than expected, but very passable.  Be ready with your rpm, cron, at, lp*, if*.  Practice, practice, PRACTICE!  Use the things you learned to build, manage, script, and automate CentOS 5.3 and Ubuntu Server 8.04 LTS, at least, and in that order of importance.

Be ready to use multiple-choice test tactics.  I know I gained at least 4 questions by using knowledge gleaned from related questions.

Be familiar with core Linux concepts.  There are questions that are buggy, and you need to be able to tell which answer they meant to be right, even if no answer really is right.

Know the LSB/LHS locations for things.  Know *inetd and *.allow/*.deny, because, for whatever reason, I saw at least 4 questions on tcpwrappers, and not one on iptables.

Not a darn thing about the GUI or anything related to the GUI, so be texty.  I was texty.  How texty am I now?

And I'm done.  Go forth, warriors.  Conquer the test.  I highly recommend scheduling the exam ~today~, taking it as scheduled, and ~immediately~ re-scheduling it if you don't pass.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS