[clue-cert] Re-Taking the LPI exam

Ski Dawg skidawg at skidawg.org
Mon Aug 17 16:15:19 MDT 2009

Hello all studying for the LPI exam,

I was talking to David Wilson today, and neither of us knew for use
the answer to the question "Do you have to pay to take the test a
second time, if you fail it the first time?".

After spending an hour-plus on google/bing/yahoo, I wasn't able to
come up with a definite answer to this question. All the information
that I did find, leads me to believe that you would need to pay again,
but I didn't find anything official to state that.

I did find this information about timeframe for retaking the exam:
from http://lpi.org/eng/certification/policies#7%20retake
The LPI Board voted on a policy regarding the delay required between
re-taking exams:

    * Anyone who takes an LPI exam once must wait one week before re-taking.
    * Anyone who takes an LPI exam a second (and subsequent) time must
wait 90 days before re-taking.
    * Anyone who passes an LPI exam may not retake that exam for at
least two years.

I have sent the question to LPI, and I will let you know when I get a
response back from them.
--
Doug