[clue-cert] screen-spotting

Tue Mar 24 11:25:25 MDT 2009

There are two screen capture programs I would like you to look at, especially if you are the "trying it while the study-leader's talking about it" type.

Scrot takes screenshots.  Combine it with cron to get a screenshot every minute or however often.  You'll need to set your DISPLAY variable on the crontab line.  This line works for me: "DISPLAY=:0 scrot".  I use it to track my billable time.  http://freshmeat.net/projects/scrot/

RecordMyDesktop records video of the desktop and picks up audio at your option.  This is GREAT for showing other people how to do complex things, or for recording complex processes you don't have to do very often.  http://recordmydesktop.sourceforge.net/about.php

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsofty-ness, one at a time.