[CLUE-Talk] IP Aliases

Michael Clark mclark at techangle.com
Tue Dec 26 02:32:32 MST 2000

if you go into the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/    directory, you will see several text files:
ifup-lo0
ifup-eth0
etc. for all devices

for an IP alias, you must make a:
ifup-eth0:0
configuration file, and use the same syntax as for eth0.  Redhat appears to read all ifup files and act on
them.  (I did this in redhat6.2, haven't tried it in r7 ;-)

that's it

mc