[clue-talk] what a pretty site

Matt Durell Matt.Durell at Durell.Net
Fri Jun 2 07:55:40 MDT 2000

If you want help (physically), let me know.  NIS can be a challenge.  The
printers are *WAY* to easy.

Have you considered your own nameserver with all of those systems or does
the school provide one that you can request changes be made?

-----Original Message-----
From: clue-talk-admin at ta8.techangle.com
[mailto:clue-talk-admin at ta8.techangle.com]On Behalf Of Roger Frank
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 4:43 AM
To: clue-talk at ta8.techangle.com
Subject: [clue-talk] what a pretty site

The students' last day was Wednesday.  By the end of the
day Thursday, I turned out the lights in the main computer
lab just to enjoy the 27 Linux login prompts that beamed from
the workstations.

Having made the commitment, now I have just two months
to figure out how to actually make this work.  So far, I have
NFS going, so everything is at least connected.  Next I need
to figure out NIS.  Then I need to figure out how to print to
a network printer (JetDirect).  If I get into a bind, I'm hoping
to rely on clue-tech.

A few days to recover from finals, and then it's back to fun
with Linux.

--
Roger Frank
Mathematics/Computer Science Teacher