[clue-talk] what a pretty site

Roger Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Fri Jun 2 14:24:37 MDT 2000

On Fri, 02 Jun 2000, J Stanley wrote:
> Roger, where were you when I was in high school. I probably would have done
> more while I was there! You have lucky students who get to learn this stuff.

Thanks.  I'll try to remember this when I present Linux to the parents at
back to school night.  I know it will be a challenge to sell Linux.  I've
already faced some criticism from the few early-adopters that tried to
run Linux at home.  "Why is Mr. Frank using Linux when the whole world
is Windows?"  "No, you can't take the family computer and make it
dual-boot, whatever that is."

I feel I am doing the right thing for the students.  With Linux and what
it offers, I can take them anywhere in Computer Science they may want
to go.  Perhaps even better, with Linux _they_ can go in their own direction,
pretty much without limit.  Hey I've seen some AI neural net stuff that I'd
like to spend some time exploring.

It's just like the tooltip that used to be over the KDE menu item.  Pause
the mouse over it and up pops: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"

 --
Roger Frank
Mathematics/Computer Science Teacher