[CLUE-Talk] A Great Book

Jeremiah Stanley miah at miah.org
Wed Nov 15 15:24:03 MST 2000

I just got finished with 'Securing and Optimizing Linux: Redhat Edition'
by Gerhard Mourani. This book is an excellent overview of how to secure
optimize and even setup services such as sendmail, apache and ssh.

Even though RedHat is in the title this book is general enough to be used
on any semi-modern linux system (including Debian; I really enjoyed that
demo that Bdale did for us).

Being that this is an opendocs published book it is 'open source' so you
can download the book in PDF form at:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/links/p_books.html#securing_linux

Note that it isn't just the PDF but the entire book. I hope this didn't
sound too much like an advertisment!

JStanley
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc