[CLUE-Talk] license questions

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 15:14:24 MST 2000

> On Wednesday 15 November 2000 16:16, you wrote:
>
> > This article seeds the rumor that sendmail will no longer be an
> open
> > source project. The last time I checked I thought that the GPL
> didn't let
> > authors rescind their software
>
> This is true for software released under the GPL or LGPL.  Sendmail
> is not
> released under the GPL version.  I checked the GNU software map
> http://www.gnu.org/gnulist/production/listing.html and did not find
> sendmail.

Actually, that isn't true, the author can change the license at any
time
.  The issue gets a little trickier if other people have had changes
incorporated in to the product.

Brandon

http://calendar.yahoo.com/

From: parallel at gateway.net
To: clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us
CC:
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:36:36 -0800
Subject: [CLUE-Talk] job opportunity
Sender: clue-talk-admin at clue.denver.co.us

The following career opportunity is available in Loveland, Colorado
working for a company with strong partnership ties to HP.  If
you meet the position requirements and are interested in being
considered please send me your resume as a Word Document.  If
you refer someone to me and that person is hired I will pay you
a $500 referral fee.

Best regards,

rick paul
Software Engineer- Unix Device Drivers
(Job Code:  TAMS-SE)

Test & Measurement Systems (TAMS), located in Loveland Colorado,
is an innovative worldwide leader in providing software design
and development solutions with Agilent/Hewlett Packard systems
for computer control of test & measurement instruments.  TAMS
operates in a small company team environment where there is freedom
to act and independence is encouraged.  For more information
visit us at www.tamsinc.com <http://www.tamsinc.com>

Position Responsibilities

Responsible for design, development, and  support of  HP UNIX
and LINUX device drivers.
Will perform as a strong individual contributor partnering in
an integral role with the software design and development team.
Accountable for verification and testing.
Assist with customer support requirements.
Maintain total responsibility for software design and development
projects.

Position Requirements

Strong operating system and hardware experience in the development
of kernel level device drivers.
Minimum of BSCS or BSEE
Prefer 3-5 years recent experience in driver design and development.
C, C++ experience required
Experience in real time or embedded systems a plus.
Strong communication skills with the ability to demonstrate software
concepts and details.

Compensation

Highly competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Incredible benefit packages and incentive rewards programs
Flexible small company work environment

Contact

  rick paul, phone: 970-669-6553, email: jobs at tamsinc.com <mailto:parallel at gateway.net>
Note:  email resume as a Word Document

rick paul
Test & Measurement Systems Inc.
750 14th Street SW
Loveland, CO  80537
Phone (970) 669-6553  Fax (970) 669-3090

-----