[CLUE-Talk] Is this our own Kevin Cullis?

Richard Knechtel krs3 at uswest.net
Mon Nov 20 14:14:50 MST 2000

Well, considering I am one who has been a student and a big practitioner
of quality software development, I can say that this type of article is
long overdue.  Having studied SEI/CMM, System Engineering Metrics, the
SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), I am glad this stuff is being
put in the open for others to read. Yes, we will have the foolish that
feel that quality = time delay's, but in all actuallity Quality Control
in software development cuts down on delay's.

Using some sort of Quality Control measure, wheather it be SEI/CMM,
ISO9000, or an SDLC of some sort actually reduces project time, reduces
the number of bugs per line of code, and a better overall product in the
end, not to mention a happier customer/user etc..

Yes, Kevin I remember our long phone conversation on this very issue!