[CLUE-Talk] kuro5hin.org || Are LUGs hurting widespread Linux acceptance?

Roger Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Tue Apr 3 06:33:31 MDT 2001

On Monday 02 April 2001 19:34, Jeff wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> He makes few valid points.    He tries to say this:
>
> 1.  LUGs have install fests.
> 2.  Because of install fests, Linux must be hard to use ...
> therefore, the acceptance of Linux is hindered.

The last message I get from Linux after an install are two
words: "Have fun!"  Linux will thrive or wither on its own
merits and marketing/legal issues far larger than if
a handful of us get together for an install-fest, and install
fests are fun.  Besides, what we often do at install fests is
well beyond basic installs.  I can't wait for the next
advanced install -- I'm hoping to bring three machines
to cluster...

Roger Frank