[CLUE-Talk] Linux as a switch

jdlabarnhart at home.com jdlabarnhart at home.com
Sun Apr 22 08:15:44 MDT 2001

It could be done.

The kernel supports routing and few other neat things. What I think that
You will run into is the cable lenths. You would most likely have to use
cross over cables for the interconnect between the nics. and that can be
a lot of cable.

10=15' approx.
100=40' approx.

I had ran into that problem trying to setup an Xterm at home using spare
parts.

Jef