[CLUE-Talk] Linux as a switch

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 12:08:56 MDT 2001

well, I've got all the cables running in to a patch panel, so only the
patch cables would have to be crossover.
I'm not sure what you mean by cable length being an issue.  I'll
basically have a 100meter length per segment, since it's switched.

Two other issues I'm worried about is latency and bandwith, but as I'll
probably be running this on a 300MhZ AMD K6 with few other duties, it
shouldn't be too bad.

Brandon