[CLUE-Talk] LFS and Slackware

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 09:55:26 MDT 2001

LFS is great for one or two machines or if you want to learn a lot
about Linux.  It's not practical for large enviroments however, unless
you want to make your own packaging tool.  That's why I use slackware
right now, it's very close to LFS but I get a simple packaging tool.
When I was building LFS I found it best to get the sources from the
Slackware site, which is almost always up to date as long as it's
stable (they don't use 2.4 kernels yet.)  In the same directory as the
pristine source file slackware has a patch of any changes they made and
a script of how they did the install.  No smoke and mirrors involved.

Brandon