[CLUE-Talk] Clue: Question about @Home & Linux

Ken Scott kscott-list at pcisys.net
Sat Aug 25 15:39:43 MDT 2001

on 8/25/01 3:05pm, Richard Knechtel at krs3 at qwest.net wrote:

> I currently have Qwest DSl. BUT they are going to be making all "home"
> users swtich to MSN. Being M$ does not like Linux most of the services will
> not be LInux friendly.  So I am looking at switching to AT&T @Home cable
> modem. What I am wondering is how difficult is it to set LInux up to use
> @Homes services. I know there are a bunch of users who are using @Home and
> Linux so I should be able to get a good Idea on it. Plus @home is cheaper
> than DSL now!

There is no requirement that you use Qwest or MSN for your ISP on your DSL
line. You can use any company that you want to, if they can handle DSL. I'd
look into this option before having to change all your equipment and signing
up with another company.

A good local company (in my experience) is PCI Systems
<http://dialup.pcisys.net>. I've been with them for over 5 years, and am
still incredibly happy with them.

--
<><      Ken Scott   ken at optikos.net   http://www.pcisys.net/~kscott

                This is the day that the Lord has made;
                Let us rejoice and be glad in it          -- Psalm 118:24