[CLUE-Talk] What's Gnome got?

David Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Sun Dec 9 09:36:16 MST 2001

Curiousity here, mostly... I've been using Linux (Red Hat 7.2) as my
primary working and playing OS for a few weeks now. MAJOR switch for
me... Every now and then I 'switchdesk' over and take a peek at KDE,
even though Uncle Red Hat has chosen Gnome as the default, and I trust
my Uncle, and everywhere I look, I read that Gnome is more popular than
KDE... From the few peeks I have taken, KDE looks more finished than
Gnome, more ... complete. What don't I understand here? Why is Gnome
'better' than KDE? What drove Red Hat to choose Gnome as the default
and what caused Gnome to win the Readers' Choice Award for best
WindowManager?