[CLUE-Talk] Ximian Evolution - Now, I'm impressed!

Dave Hahn dhahn at techangle.com
Wed Dec 26 16:38:56 MST 2001

The 'Ximian Connector' will provide the integration with M$ Exchange.
They are estimating $65 for license last I heard.

On Wed, 2001-12-26 at 15:56, Robert L. Harris wrote:

    If they come up with a good plugin for exchange callendar and and addr
    book they'd really make a killing.  I've heard they have one in the works
    that'll be a licensed and not very cheap either.

    Thus spake David Willson (DLWillson at thegeek.nu):

    > OK, so getting Ximian Desktop installed on Red Hat Linux 7.2 was a
    > nightmare, so I lost a day of work to rassling around with broken
    > dependencies and learned more than I really wanted to about removing and
    > reinstalling packages...  It was worth it.
    >
    > Ximian Evolution is very sweet.  This could be the panacea that
    > Outlook-addicted Microsoft refugees like me have been looking for.  This
    > is pretty and capable.  I have already set up my local mail and my IMAP
    > account with the nested folders.  No problems, no tough questions, just
    > good functioning email with good speed.
    >
    > Now, after a day of rpm -Uvh this and rpm -e that and rpm -qa | grep -i
    > "whatever" and where-the-Hell-is-their-FTP-server-anyway, I am
    > impressed.

    :wq!
                                    \_       that important!
    DISCLAIMER: