[CLUE-Talk] Ximian Evolution - Now, I'm impressed!

David Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Wed Dec 26 01:40:40 MST 2001

OK, so getting Ximian Desktop installed on Red Hat Linux 7.2 was a
nightmare, so I lost a day of work to rassling around with broken
dependencies and learned more than I really wanted to about removing and
reinstalling packages...  It was worth it.

Ximian Evolution is very sweet.  This could be the panacea that
Outlook-addicted Microsoft refugees like me have been looking for.  This
is pretty and capable.  I have already set up my local mail and my IMAP
account with the nested folders.  No problems, no tough questions, just
good functioning email with good speed.

Now, after a day of rpm -Uvh this and rpm -e that and rpm -qa | grep -i
"whatever" and where-the-Hell-is-their-FTP-server-anyway, I am
impressed.