[CLUE-Talk] file-splitting

David Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Thu Dec 27 17:45:30 MST 2001

Resolved.  I installed the MKS Toolkit Demo, and used their version of
'split'.  It worked perfectly, giving me 41 half-Gb files, and one
slightly smaller.  I am now using ARJ32 to create CD-sized compressed
volumes, which will contain all the parts.

There would have been problems with moving the drive directly to the
Linux, in that the partition is formatted with NTFS5, which has been
very troublesome in Linux, in my limited experience.  FTP'ing, or
otherwise copying it to a Linux native system was simply not an option;
I don't have that much free space (40Gb for file and parts!) on any of
my Linux systems.